Monday 9 February 2015

Winter food, day 3

I'm fairly certain this challenge is ridiculous, and we've decided not to make too many drastic changes to a) our diet, and b) our grocery bill. Hence tonight's recipes: they are simply adaptations of what we had on hand, and what we had on our menu plan anyway.



 

Monday night was Sloppy Joes. But, instead of slicing the hamburger buns in half, we scooped them out into bowls, and stuffed the filling mixture in. Did I mention that these were homemade spelt flour burger buns as well? Gosh I love my wife :)

Because we always have two veggies, and we had some collard greens in the Organic Box this week, Amanda found a recipe for rolls. Stuffed with a mixture of mushroom-oil infused forbidden rice, and sweet yellow bell peppers, then rolled like a cabbage roll. Delicious! We don't get collards very often, but I love their dark green colour, and rich, buttery flavour. Sliced in half for presentation, but they held together quite nicely and could probably also be used in place of lettuce in lettuce wraps, or perhaps even in a variation of dolmatoes.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, yummy, yummy, looks and sounds delicious! Makes me want to eat my iPad! No not really, but very nice presentation! Well done Team Epp!

    ReplyDelete