Wednesday 11 February 2015

Winter food, day 5

Today was a brutal day, so we're taking it easy on the food challenge. I'm sure I'll make up for it later this week, and we will average out at two stuffed items today. After over three hours in a waiting room, or three hours on a table, (depending on your perspective of course), one does not feel much like being either inventive or effective.

To be completely honest, at one point today I seriously considered a box of macaroni and a spoonful of peanut butter, and calling it stuffed macaroni.

That being said, we slow cooked some beef to make Asian Fusion Tacos, with homemad corn tortillas. Yes, I made those myself - they're quite simple actually, requiring only five ingredients, and cook fast. In fact, by double fisting the pans, and working on my timing, I was able to fire off a dozen in under fifteen minutes.

These soft tacos are incredibly juicy, as the slow-cooked beef and marinated coleslaw has quit a bit of liquid between the two, so make sure to eat with your head over the plate!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Team Epp! Even under pressure and not feeling up to cooking , you did it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete